“Synergy Flight Training Inc.” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Synergy Flight Training Inc.” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
name and job title
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
THE PRIVATE VOCATIONAL TRAINING ACT
RETENTION AND REPAYMENT OF FEES
(Extract – Alberta Regulation 341/2003)
(Consolidated up to 149/2016)
14(1) Subject to subsection
(2), a licensee may require a student to pay a registration fee of not more than $500 before that person's vocational training begins.
(2) A licensee must not require or accept payment of
(a) a registration fee in respect of a prospective student until that person has signed a student contract, or
(b) any other tuition fee or any incidental fee in respect of a student or a prospective student before that person's vocational training begins.
(2.1) Despite subsection (2)(b), a licensee may accept a tuition fee referred to in that clause in respect of a student before that person's vocational training begins if the fee is paid by a third party approved by the Director.
(3) a licensee who receives a registration fee must credit the fee to unpaid tuition fees if the student commences the vocational training.
Cooling off period
15 Notwithstanding anything in this Regulation, if a student terminates a student contract on or before the 4th business day after signing the contract, the licensee must refund all tuition fees paid by or on behalf of the student.
Refund and retention of fees before training begins
16(1) If a student terminates a student contract before the vocational training begins, the licensee is entitled to retain any registration fee that has been paid, regardless of who paid it.
(2) The licensee shall refund any registration fees that have been paid if
(a) a licensee terminates a student contract before the vocational training begins, or
(b) subject to subsection (1), the vocational training does not begin on the commencement date set out in the student contract.
(3) The licensee shall refund any tuition fee that it has accepted pursuant to section 14(2.1) if the student contract is terminated before the vocational training begins.
Refund of tuition - after training begins
17(1) If a student contract is terminated after the vocational training begins, the licensee is entitled to the following amounts of the tuition fees:
(a) when 10% or less of the vocational training has been provided, 25% of the tuition fees;
(b) when more than 10% but 50% or less of the vocational training has been provided, 60% of the tuition fees;
(c) when more than 50% of the vocational training has been provided, 100% of the tuition fees.
(2) If a licensee has received tuition fees in excess of the amount that the licensee is entitled to under subsection (1), the licensee must refund the excess amount.
(3) For the purpose of this section, vocational training provided by correspondence is provided as lessons are supplied, marked and returned to the student.
Abandoning provision of vocational training
18(1) A licensee abandons the provision of vocational training under its licence if the licensee stops providing the vocational training before it is complete and
(a)there are student contracts for the vocational training that have not been terminated, or
(b) all student contracts for the vocational training have been terminated but one or more of the contracts were, in the Director's opinion, terminated by the licensee so that the licensee would not be required to provide the vocational training.
(2) Notwithstanding sections 16 and 17, if a licensee abandons the provision of vocational training under its licence,
(a) subject to subsection (5), the licensee must refund all tuition fees that have been paid in respect of the vocational training, and
(b) section 11 applies if the licensee is unable or refuses to make the refund.
(3) A licensee is deemed to have abandoned the provisions of vocational training by correspondence if lessons cease to be supplied, marked and returned to the student.
(4) A licensee is not considered to have abandoned the provision of vocational training if the Director is of the opinion that the licensee is providing a means to enable a student to complete the vocational training without any disadvantage.
(5) This section does not require the refund of any tuition fees in respect of a student whose student contract is terminated
(a) by the student before the licensee abandons the provision of vocational training, or
(b) by the licensee before the licensee abandons the provision of vocational training where the termination was made because the student was expelled or for non-payment of fees.
Payment of refunds
21(1) Subject to subsection (2), a refund of a student's tuition fees or incidental fees must be paid
(a)to the student, or
(b)in the case of a student who has an outstanding student loan in respect of the vocational training for which the refund is being provided, to the lender that made the student loan.
(2) If a licensee received payment of a student's tuition fees from a government, agency or person other than the student, any refund of those tuition fees must be paid to the government, agency or other person.
(2.1) A refund under section 16(2)(a) must be paid to the third party referred to in section 14(2.1) to the extent that that party paid the tuition fees.
(3) If a licensee is required to refund any tuition fee or incidental fee, the refund must be paid not later than the earlier of the following:
(a) 30 days from the day the student contract is terminated;
(b) the time period specified in an order of the Director.
(4) Where a licensee is required by or under the Act or this Regulation to refund any tuition fee, the Director may in writing order a refund by the licensee of any incidental fee within the time specified in the order.